All 605 Pop Culture Con attendees, guests, vendors, staff, and volunteers are expected to interact in a respectable and positive manner. We are all here to have a great time, so please use common sense and be courteous.
We are looking to provide a safe, secure, and pleasant environment, these activities are not allowed at any Voices Against Cancer Event:
• Engaging in disruptive and unsafe behavior that disturbs or endangers the attendees, guests, vendors, staff, or volunteers.
• Physical or verbal harassment of the attendees, guests, vendors, staff, or volunteers.
• Any activities deemed to be nuisances to the convention or the convention premises, including excessive noise or behavior considered generally disruptive.
• Any act which could result in substantial risk or harm to people or property.
• Sexual misconduct, such as indecent exposure, offensive touching, or sexual harassment.
• Laser pointers, laser-aiming devices, or similar devices, may not be used in public, unless you are officially sanctioned to lead or present a convention seminar, workshop, display, or other convention-sanctioned event in which a laser is needed.
• Any literature distribution without prior permission of 605 Pop Culture Con.
• In the interest of respecting the rights of people who want to be left alone, the following behaviors are considered unacceptable without prior consent of the recipient: hugging, groping, back-slapping, kissing or other unwanted physical contact. This also includes unwanted advances or other similar forms of behaviors considered to be harassment.
• Engaging in any activity prohibited by law.
All individuals whose actions violate these rules will be asked to stop such actions. 605 Pop Culture Con reserves the right to require anyone violating these rules of conduct to leave the event. Voices Against Cancer may withdraw permission for a person or persons to re-enter the event if that person continues to violate these rules.
Any violation of the rules of conduct which involve activities prohibited by law will result in notification of the proper authorities.
Photography and Video
• Please ask our convention attendees for their permission before taking their photograph. If they say no, please do not take a photo of them anyway.
• Please ask parent, guardian, or chaperone for permission to take a minor’s photo and let them know where the photo will be located. If they say no, please respect their wishes.
• Take special care not to obstruct the flow of traffic.
• Photography and recordings may be permitted during workshops, panels, and guest sessions and in the Artists’ Area at the discretion of the host(s)/artists involved. If you are unsure whether photography or videography are allowed during a particular event or in a particular area, ask permission from Fandom Events Staff first.
• Flash photography will not be allowed during Guest signings or Celebrity Q&A sessions.
• Photography and video of merchandise in the Dealers’ Area is prohibited, unless you’ve obtained consent from the vendor.
• The convention reserves the right to prohibit photography and/or videotaping of any event or area.
• Convention staff may review and/or demand deletion of any unauthorized photographs or video recordings.
605 Pop Culture Con is a safe place for fans to interact with each other, their favorite creators, celebrities, and generally be themselves. This means we expect it to be a safe environment for fans from any ethnicity, creed, religious background, political background, gender, gender identity, sexual identity, sexual orientation, fandom, etc. We do not tolerate harassment in any form. This includes, but is not limited to: physical assault, verbal harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, unwanted physical contact, unwanted advances, or inappropriate photography.
605 Pop Culture Con does not tolerate physical or verbal harassment of the attendees, guests, vendors, staff, or volunteers. Harassment can take many forms. It may be, but is not limited to, words, signs, offensive jokes, cartoons, pictures, posters, pranks, intimidation, physical assaults or contact, or violence. This includes comments and statements made via email, on websites or any of our social networks.
If it is determined – either by observation or by complaint – that an individual or group has harassed another attendee, any or all of the following things may occur.
That individual or group may be:
- Warned to cease and desist;
- Asked to leave the convention, or;
- Banned from the convention for a period of time to be determined by Voices Against Cancer staff.